The ARMCUMS Listserv is an email discussion group created in May of 2014. This free service is open to ARMCUMS members, who are employees of colleges and universities and who are involved in their institution's mail processing.
- Non-ARMCUMS members, that meet the above criteria, are welcome to request access to the listserv and will be granted free trial access without ARMCUMS membership until the next membership renewal period expires, usually August 1st of each year. On, or around August 1st, the list is cleared and only members with paid membership fees are reinstated.
- The ARMCUMS Listserv is NOT available to vendors, the Postal Service, or outsourcing companies.
- To sign up for the listserv, please email email@example.com, include your name, the name of your institution and your position at the school.
Using the ARMCUMS Listserv
- Messages to the entire list should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use discretion when sending messages to the entire list. Some comments may be helpful to many, others should be sent only to a specific individual.
- When responding to messages, please respond to the sender unless you want your reply to go to the entire list, in which case send your reply to the address above.
- If you need to unsubscribe from the listserv, please email email@example.com and we'll be happy to remove you, ASAP.
- Typing in all caps is YELLING! When sending a personal response to a message, don't send it to the entire list; reply to the sender only. Sending jokes and other off-topic messages is okay, but identify them as such in the subject (e.g., NOT MAIL RELATED). Last but not least, be sure that what you send is what you want everyone to read. Once you press the send button, the message is gone and can't be recalled. Double check your message before you send it.
- Please get permission to send copyrighted material (i.e., material that is not covered by "fair use.") ARMCUMS complies with all applicable copyright laws.